Nick Szabo is somewhat of an enigma. Some have credited him as the true identity behind Satoshi Nakamoto, and most of the industry hails him as a pioneering legend in the development of blockchain’s smart contracts.
But Szabo is infamously elusive and, unlike other social media-savvy blockchain experts, he keeps a much lower profile. If you had the opportunity to rub shoulders with computer scientist, legal scholar, and cryptographer Szabo, what would you ask?
Now, thanks to the World Crypto Economic Forum in San Francisco on January 15–16, 2018, this very opportunity will present itself.
The World Crypto Economic Forum in the San Francisco Bay Area is the first of a series of events around the world to support the blockchain community and create a global network of entrepreneurs and developers in today’s fast-evolving blockchain economy.
Szabo will be a keynote speaker at this event that is sure to kick 2018 into high gear. Alongside Szabo, this dynamic, groundbreaking event includes a host of noteworthy industry leaders in the blockchain space, including Eric Ly, LinkedIn co-founder and CEO at Hub, and Michael Arrington, TechCrunch founder and founder at crypto investment fund Arrington XRP Capital.
Other speakers include:
- Joey Krug, Co-Chief Investment Officer, Pantera Capital/Cofounder, Augur
- Spencer Bogart, Managing Director, Head of Research at Blockchain Capital
- Miko Matsumura, Cofounder at Evercoin, LP at Pantera Capital ICO Fund
- Bill Barhydt, Founder at Abra
- Shilpi Kumar, Head of Product Commercialization at Filament
- Justin Newton, Founder and CEO at Netki
- David Allen Cohen, Cofounder/Advisor at Hashgraph Consortium, Founder at Decentral.ai
- Ryan X Charles, Founder of Yours
- Angus Champion de Crespigny, Financial Services Blockchain Leader, EY
- Robert Viglione, Cofounder at ZenCash
- Grant Hummer, Founder of Chromatic Capital
- Patrick Baron, CEO of Ambisafe Financial
- Brit Yonge, Cofounder of Lightyear.io
- Will Madden, Founder & CEO, bridge21
- Daniel Cawrey, Cofounder, Pactum Capital
- Jack Saba, Managing Partner of Day One Investments, Cofounder of Day One Consulting
- Toni Lane Casserly, Founder of Culture
- Spencer Montgomery, Blockchain Partner Executive, Microsoft
- Benjamin Lozano, CEO, The SMBX
- Greg Simon, CEO & Founder, Loyyal
- Leah Callon-Butler, Engagement Director, Intimate.io
- Steven Michaels, CEO at BitcoinInvestor.com
- Travis Uhrig, CEO at Curio Cards
- Caterina Rindi, Blockchain Educator, Consultant and Speaker
- Chris Hayes, Cofounder & CTO Guardian Circle Inc.
- Luis Buenaventura, CTO, BloomSolutions
- Amy Wan, Founder and CEO at Bootstrap Legal
- Andrew Gaiziunas, Cofounder and CTO at Turbadium, Inc.
- Max Stein, Blockchain Business Architect at Consensys, Business Development at Balanc3
- Marissa Kim, Cofounder and Partner at ARK
- Brian Fox, Cofounder of Orchid Labs
Over and above this stellar lineup for keynote presentations and panel discussions, the event will also feature power networking sessions – and what a networking opportunity this will be!
There will also be a token pitch and a hackathon contest, giving startups the opportunity to strut their stuff and connect to key industry contacts, investors, and advisors.
According to co-organizer Jun Dam:
The WCEF is a place where thought leaders gather to share, learn and discuss the big picture of how cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology impacts the world and economy. WCEF also attempts to be a standard of quality for blockchain conferences by focusing on participant goals. To that end, WCEF organizers have designed more structured networking events tailored for partnerships & hiring, shorter presentations & lightning talks with key takeaways to increase knowledge retention, as well as high-level developer talks that are aimed to improve the technical knowledge of all participants.